The XP-endo Finisher files are produced using an exclusive FKG alloy, the NiTi MaxWire® (Martensite-Austeniteelectropolish-fleX). This material reacts at different temperature levels and is highly flexible. FKG has patented this technology.
The XP-endo Finisher files are based on the shape-memory principles of the NiTi alloy. The files are straight in their M- phase at room temperature. When the files are inserted in the canal, exposed to the body temperature, they will change their shape due to their molecular memory to the A- phase. The A – phase shape in the rotation mode allows the files to access and clean areas that are otherwise impossible to reach with standard instruments.
The files can be returned to their original straight shape again manually after they have been cooled down (M-phase).
Made with this highly flexible NiTi-based alloy, and due to their specific sickle shape, the XP-endo Finisher files follow the walls of the canal with an improved reach of 6mm in diameter or 100-fold compared to a standard instrument of the same size.
The XP-endo Finisher files are able to treat root canals with highly complex morphologies, from the narrowest to the largest, and from the straightest to the most severely curved canals. Because of their small core size – ISO 25 or ISO 30 in diameter – and their zero taper, the files benefit from incredible flexibility and show unparalleled resistance to cyclic fatigue. In addition the files will contact and scrape the dentine surface and/or the root filling material without changing the original shape of the canal.
The XP-endo Finisher files enhance treatment outcomes, they should be used after any root canal preparation.
The XP-endo Finisher is dedicated to:
– Irregular canals, large canals.
– C-shaped canals, oval canals.
– Isthmuses, furcation canals.
– Internal root resorptions.
– Open apex of immature roots.
– Wide apex in periapical lesions Improve irrigants benefits.
The XP-endo Finisher R is dedicated to:
– Elimination of Gutta Percha and sealer on canal walls in retreatment cases.
– Scraping of the exposed dentin walls to remove bacteria and biofilm.
– Creation of turbulences of sodium hypochlorite and EDTA or any other irrigants.
Recommended speed: 800 rpm.
Torque: 1 Ncm.
• XP-endo® Finisher should be used only after canal preparation to at least ISO 25.
• In multirooted teeth, begin with the largest canal.
• Work along the entire length of the canal for approximately 1 minute.
Protocol for use:
Speed : 800 rpm (800-1000 rpm).
Torque : 1 Ncm.
1. XP-endo® Finisher (XP-F) must only be used only after preparing the canal to at least ISO 25.
2. In multirooted teeth, begin with the largest canal. The canal should always contain irrigant. However, avoid filling the access cavity with irrigant before insertion of the file inside the canal. This is to prevent premature expansion of the file.
3. Fix the canal working length (WL) by using the plastic tube (a) to adjust the endo stop (b) (Fig. 1).
4. Cool the XP-F down inside the tube using a cold spray.
5. Put the XP-F in rotation mode and remove it from the tube by applying a lateral movement to ensure the XP-F remains straight (Fig. 2). Turn off the rotation.
+ The surface of the tube may be touched with the operators fingers only at its end, on FKG logo. This is to avoid warming the file.
+ If the file is straightened outside the tube use an alcohol soaked gauze to avoid warming of the file.
6. Insert the XP-F tip into the first canal of the tooth (Fig. 3). Once it is inside, turn on the rotation and slowly insert the file into the canal (Fig. 4). Add irrigant to the access cavity.
+ In case of any difficulty inserting the file inside the canal of multirooted teeth, make sure to direct the tip of the expanded file towards the cusp related to the canal (e.g. MB cusp for the
7. Use the XP-F for approximately 1 minute, using slow and gentle 7-8 mm longitudinal movements to contact the tip of the file on the full length of the canal (Fig. 5). Make parietal movements during the procedure. Avoid removing the file from the canal during this procedure.
8. After 1 minute, remove the XP-F from the canal while it is still in rotation.
9. Irrigate the canal to remove the suspended debris. A syringe tip 31G is recommended (or no bigger diameter than 30G). To continue treatment inside a narrower canal of the same tooth previously shaped :
10. Clean the XP-F and place it back inside the measurement tube.
11. Begin again the procedure at step 3. When the full cleaning of a tooth is completed, proceed to the next phase of treatment :
12. Obturate with gutta percha and sealer. TotalFill® BC PointsTM and TotalFill® BC SealerTM are recommended.
There are no reviews yet.
Email xác nhận đã được gửi đến email của bạn. Vui lòng kiểm tra và làm theo hướng dẫn để kích hoạt tài khoản